Wednesday, March 07, 2007

SHOULD I BECOME A TEACHER?

Hmm. A very strange thing happened today.

A big white envelope was posted through my door addressed to the Headteacher of a named comprehensive school. That school does not exist in the city in which I live, and it was simply addressed to "Headteacher" i.e. no name.

This is the first time this has happened, and as far as I know has not happened to my neighbours.

So why was a large white envelope addressed to a nameless Headteacher of a nonexistent school sent to my address? Or why is that of interest?

Well, in the last few days I have been in contact with a local school about attending it for a few days to gain some classroom experience, because I am considering a career in teaching and would benefit from the experience of such a visit.

So what?

About this time last year I was thinking of the same thing, and began to get frequent phone calls which when I answered gave no reply. These weren't the automatic sort from call centres because on most of them I could hear noises in the background, noises as if the phone was inside a pub, as well as breathing (not the heavy breathing from a pervert). I did a 1471 and found the area code was Halifax. I didn't attend the classroom visits last year because I wanted to do something else, get something out of my system, which could also possibly benefit any students I taught before going into teaching. When I pulled out of the visits last year those mysterious phone calls stopped.

Hmm.

But the coincidence is...interesting, but also disturbing.

Is someone trying to warn me off teaching?

Ah well, it looks like I'll just have to become a teacher now!

No comments: