Tuesday, May 13, 2008

CREDIT

Is it just me, or has there been a recent rise in the number of adverts offering credit?

I used to receive offers all the time, but since October last year I haven't received any.

But then last week I received an offer of a consolidation loan, even though I'm over my limit with them.

And I've just seen a TV advert from Capital One.

Where could they have got their new money to lend out to us?

OUR £50 BILLION IN TOP QUALITY TREASURY BILLS!

I suppose they had to wait a few weeks to let the furore die down. But it's been several weeks since the Treasury Bills were offered, and most people are too concerned with the end of the football season, or not bothered full stop.

But those bills weren't supposed to be used for fresh borrowing. Well, not directly, but there's always a way to bend the rules where the banks are concerned.

No comments: