Saturday, November 03, 2018

THE PUMPING MECHANISM FOR THE SOLAR DYNAMO AND SUN SPOT CYCLE

In a blog I published today I referred to a pumping mechanism which I believe generates the solar dynamo and sun spot cycle.

This mechanism is due to the rotation of the sun which induces stress in the magnetic lines when they have been twisted by the instability. These lines are twisted enough to begin the formation of the vortices but the speed at which these lines are twisted (due to several factors) is not fast enough before the rotation of the sun snaps them back. But when this happens the magnetic lines are snapped back with some kind of elastic momentum that they try to form the vortex again, rocking back and forth. Back and forth. Again. And again. And again.

I was close to finding the parameter set which produced this pumping with the correct frequency for the solar cycle and then verifying this with a model.

But I was then pushed down this dead end comparing theoretical models which were based on nothing.

That's when I knew something was very, very, very wrong, and I became very, very, very disillusioned.

And it is my IDL and Fortran codes for this work that Infowars and others are stealing.

No comments: