Tuesday, December 18, 2018

EAGLE

In the summer 2003 it was reported that the only Golden Eagle in England had gone missing from its nest on Harter Fell next to High Street in The Lake District.

Guess who found it?

Yep.

Me.

I went for a walk on Ingleborough starting from Cold Cotes one glorious summer day. About half way to the summit I looked up to find a golden brown eagle, with a massive wing span, following me, the biggest bird I've ever seen, circling me using the drafts. I actually felt that scared that it might swoop down and pick one of my dogs up and fly off with it for lunch, so I called my dogs to stay close to me.

When I got home I contacted the relevant and concerned people.

The next day it was reported that the lone Golden Eagle had been located and rescued in North Yorkshire near Ingleton.



No comments: