A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION 2012
Paul is so obviously being cut out of media coverage on the Republican nomination for 2012.
So compare these apparently contrasting events regarding Ron Paul.
1. Webster Tarpley has been questioning Paul's allegiance to the US constitution, referencing a speech that Paul gave many years ago about not having anything to fear from globalisation and a global currency, and also suggesting that Paul and Romney are converging. In his World Crisis Radio show of 18th February Tarpley reminded us that a member of the Bilderberg Steering Committee Peter Thiel recently donated a substanial amount of cash to the superpac called Endorse Liberty that is supporting Ron Paul. According to OpenSecrets Thiel is registered as donating $900,000, but other reports suggest that this was on behalf of PayPal rather than a personal donation.
2. the BBC has barely reported on anything that Ron Paul has had to say in any debate or indeed in any press conference of whatever kind. But for whatever reason, in a recent Panorama programme on the state of the welfare safety net, homelessness and healthcare in the USA, Paul (the doctor) was shown in a debate blaming those who were sick and close to death as bringing it upon themselves and they should not be helped, thus portraying Paul (the doctor) as cruel and heartless. The aim of the programme was to question how Obama has implemented the promises he made upon becoming President, but towards the end of the programme a member of the Democratic Party is shown defending Obama, suggesting that Obama just had too much to do in so little time and could not get everything done (but he managed to find time to bail out Wall Street with trillions).
If the $900,000 donation to Endorse Liberty was on behalf of PayPal then the fact that Thiel is on the Bilderberg Steering Committee may not be that significant. But if it was a personal donation then this implies to me three possibilities.
1. they are trying to paint Paul with the Bilderberg brush,
2. they are trying to buy Paul
3. they are trying to force a Romney/Paul ticket to get the anti-war votes for Romney but if elected ignore the anti-war movement and plough on with endless bloody imperial fascist wars.
We are where we are.
The perfect candidate for all will never exist.
Tarpley raises some very valid questions, but if Paul is our only hope of stopping the US warmongering that could very well lead to WW3 then he is the man.
Stop the wars first.
Then argue about economic policies in a peaceful environment.