1. a 2012 DIA document called for a Salafist entity to be created to isolate Assad;
2. a few years later Islamic State is declared spanning the Syria-Iraq border after the Iraqi Army were ordered to stand down against Jihadis being chased out of Syria by the SAA;
3. NATO nations encourage and allow Jihadis to travel to Islamic State via NATO member Turkey;
4. the USA and its allies then pretend to fight Islamic State;
5. but Russia sees through the you-know-what and when asked by Assad to defeat Islamic State joins in (but also attacks other NATO/US/Gulf state-sponsored 'moderate' Jihadis to secure Assad's position
6. and now on the verge of defeating Islamic State in Syria, John Bolton calls for the territory that Islamic State occupied to be given to allies of the USA (Saudi Arabia? Turkey) and not returned to Assad?!
When #ISIS is defeated, it will leave a power vacuum which must be filled by our allies and not Iran, the Assad regime, Hezbollah or others.— John Bolton (@AmbJohnBolton) 26 June 2017