Tuesday, April 08, 2014

THE STORY OF LOVE AND HATE AGAIN

Again from one of my favourite films, Do The Right Thing.

From http://www.anyclip.com/movies/do-the-right-thing/love-and-hate/

[there should be a clip from the film here]





Mook : Radio Raheem!

Radio Raheem : Mook.

Mook : What's happening?

Radio Raheem : It's your world.

Mook : Where you headed to?

Radio Raheem : I'm going to get a slice.

Mook : You going to Sal's?

Radio Raheem : I'll check you back there.

Mook : On the rebound.

Radio Raheem : You bet.

Mook : All right.

Oh, shit!

Let me check it out.

That's the hype!

Radio Raheem : Newest latest.

Let me tell you the story of right hand/left hand. It's a tale of good and evil.

Hate.
It was with this hand that Cain iced his brother.

Love.
These five fingers, they go straight to the soul of man.

The right hand...
the hand of love.
The story of life is this...

Static.

One hand is always fighting the other hand,
and the left hand is kicking much ass.
I mean, it looks like the right hand... love... is finished.
But hold on. Stop the presses.
The right hand's coming back.
He got the left hand on the ropes now.
That's right. Yeah. Ooh!
It's a devastating right, and hate is hurt.
Down! Ooh! Ooh!
Left hand, hate, K.O.'d by love.

If I love you, I love you.
But if I hate you...

Mook : There it is... love and hate.

Radio Raheem : I love you, brother.

Mook : Bet. Radio Raheem, check you later. Peace.

No comments: