Thursday, July 03, 2014

THE QUESTION ON EVERYBODY'S LIPS

Walking through town, sat on the train, walking through the city, there was only one question being asked:

how and why did Sir James Eric Drummond become the first President of the League of Nations?

I will now confess: I hated history at school. I truanted. A lot. I hold a PhD in mathematics, but I used to truant history and french, and other subjects too. I truanted history because...it was boring. Not just the way it was taught, what we were taught was much more boring.

But now I can see why history is portrayed as boring...BECAUSE WE ENGINEERED WORLD WARS ONE AND TWO!!!

So I was as surprised as anyone as I heard everyone asking, how and why did Sir James Eric Drummond become the first President of the League of Nations?

Last year it was Baring. This year I have been given the task of researching Drummond.




No comments: