Thursday, January 08, 2015

ANOTHER ONE FOR THE LONG LIST

Again, a married mother who couldn't wait. She had to have it.

Has it always been like this? Or are they getting caught more? Or is there actually an increase in these kind of relationships?

Married mum Mackenzie Land Matthews burst into tears as she was sentenced on Tuesday.

The 34-year-old had sex with an 18-year-old student at Heath High School in Ohio.

Although the teenager was of age, it is a crime in the state for a teacher to sleep with a pupil.

A sobbing Matthews said: "I just want to sincerely apologise to the victim and his family, and to the Heath community and my school system.

"I want to apologise to my friends and my family and my children, and especially my husband.

"I want to express the remorse I have for this, and I accept the responsibility for my actions."

Ken Oswalt, prosecuting, added: "If she'd just waited four months (for the student to graduate), it wouldn't have been a crime."

According to the Newark Advocate the victim, who has not been named, wished for Matthews to be spared jail.

When news of the illicit affair broke Matthews was forced to retire from her position at the high school.

School superintendent Trevor Thomas said: "It's good to have resolution on the district's end, but this has been very, very difficult.

"We're a small town, so it's really just devastating, because everyone knows everything."

[source : School counsellor jailed for sleeping with teenage pupil, Daily Star, http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/418972/Mackenzie-Land-Matthews-teenager-sex, 7th January 2015]

No comments: