Tuesday, November 29, 2011

THEY DON'T MAKE 'EM LIKE THIS ANYMORE

They don't make tunes like this anymore.

1991. When wars were small.

I remember 1991 well. I remember attending a meeting on the impending war on Iraq at Manchester Town Hall. It was when I first began to really question the motives for war, and everything else. It was the first time I marched in protest at anything. I got home to find pictures on my TV of bombs falling on Baghdad, and I wept. I knew something was seriously wrong and felt there was a lot more to everything I had learned at school and later from books and discussions on politics and history with friends, but didn't know what it was or where to find it.

Twenty years later, and many historical books and zaps later, and I am convinced, 100% convinced, that modern history has been following a plan proposed nearly 150 years ago for three world wars. And that this plan has been implemented by a cabal of warmongering kiddie-fiddling megalomaniacs who we have very, very foolishly given the power to create money out of thin air.

In 1991 the war on Iraq was a huge topic. But for some reason, despite being portrayed as Satan incarnate, we left Saddam Hussein in power. And not only that we made him more powerful internally by betraying a revolution we encouraged against him. He brutally put down that uprising with barely a protest from us.

Today we are sleepwalking into a trap; World War 3.

So I'm going to be a bit nostalgic for more innocent times, when I didn't know what I know now.

I wonder what the people who heard these tunes in 1991 know now, and what they think of the state of current affairs.

JAMIE DEE-BURNIN UP


Sonic Attack - Give Yourself To Me


OLIMPIA - YOU WANT MY LOVE


The Cover Girls - Funk Boutique

No comments: